Parks and Recreation Department
All Recreation - All the Time!
The Parks and Recreation Department is all recreation, all the time. We are passionate about our Town parks and facilities and committed to providing innovative and age-appropriate programming that connects with each and every community member to promote healthy and active lifestyles.
The Department proudly provides the following services:
The Mammoth Ice Rink is scheduled to close on Sunday, March 4 (weather permitting). Join us to celebrate a record-breaking season and get some ice time in before it's too late! Closing week promotions, in conjunction with the 11th Annual USA Hockey Weekend Across America, include:
- MMSA Employee Skate Night on Tuesday, February 27 from 7:30-10:00pm. $5 (incl. rentals) for employees and dependents.
- Final Learn to Curl Clinic on Thursday, March 1 from 4:15-6:15pm. $5/person.
- FREE Learn to Play Hockey Clinic for adults and youths on Friday, March 2 from 5:30-7:30pm. Advanced registration required - in person at the Mammoth Ice Rink or call (760) 965-3695.
- Mammoth Stars Youth Hockey Exhibition Game on Saturday, March 3 from 6:00-7:30pm.
- Enjoy FREE admission on Sunday, March 4 when you wear your favorite hockey jersey.
Sierra Mountain Guides is now offering classes at the Mammoth Lakes Community Center!
- The Backcountry Touring Program is a one-day course available on Wednesdays beginning January 31 through April 18. Rates are available with or without equipment provided.
- The Avalanche awareness course is offered twice. When registering choose between ( CANCELED: February 3) or March 10, 2018. This course will be from 5:45 p.m. until 8:45 p.m. at the Mammoth Lakes Community Center. All ages are welcome!
- All of the programs offered by SMG is a one-day course.
- Register online or at the Town Offices.
Registration is now open for the FREE program designed to introduce the sport of Basketball to children in first and second grade. Meeting on Thursdays from February 1 through March 15 at 5:15 to 6:15 at the Mammoth Middle School Gym. Introduce this sport to your children and prepare for next year’s Hot Shot Basketball program. Registration is required.
Toddler time takes place on Tuesdays at the Mammoth Lakes Community Center. Each 4-week session is $48, sibling and drop-in rates available.
Peapod Playgroups will resume at the Mammoth Community Center on February 15, 2018. Connect with parents and children in your area. All Mono County expecting parents and families with children birth to five are invited to participate.
February 15 - May 3, 2018 (excl. March 1 & April 19)
Mammoth Community Center, 1000 Forest Trail
Únase el Grupo de Juego Peapod! Conéctate con padres y niños en su área. Todo el Condado de Mono esperar que los padres y las familias con niños de cero a cinco están invitados a participar.
Miércoles 1:00pm-2:00pm el 10 de Enero - el 21 de Marzo (excepto el 28 de Febrero)
El Centro de Comunidad de Mammoth Lakes, 1000 Forest Trail
Subscribe to our weekly e-newsletter with recreation and cultural events. We are All Recreation - All the Time!
Special Event Permits
Parks and Recreation Department Vision and Mission Statements
To be the best alpine recreation community in the country.
To provide multi-purpose, year-round, indoor and outdoor recreation opportunities accessible to all residents and visitors.
We Want to Hear From You!
The Parks and Recreation Department would like to hear what you have to say about our many community events, camps and programs. If you participated in youth and adult programs, or enjoyed the Whitmore Pool or one of our parks or facilities, please take the time to complete the Customer Satisfaction Survey.
Customer Satisfaction Surveys are also available for collection from the Town office located in the Minaret Village Mall, above Giovanni’s. Please call (760) 965-3690 for additional information.
We look forward to hearing from you!