Recreation This Week!
ALL RECREATION - ALL THE TIME!
Recreation This Week! is a weekly e-newsletter compiled by the Recreation Department for the community of Mammoth Lakes. In it you will find a weekly sampling of our boundless recreational opportunities in one of the world's most spectacular playgrounds.
Whether you're looking for family fun, learning new things, challenging your endurance or simply rejuvenating the soul, we hope you'll take advantage of what awaits you in Mammoth Lakes.
Recreation This Week - September 12, 2019
Mammoth Lakes Bike Month continues! Take advantage of world-class biking conditions this fall in the Eastern Sierras. Bike to work day is tomorrow! Ride your bike to work, send a quick email and be entered in a drawing to win some amazing prizes from our local vendors! Events this week include Villagecross (Sunday), Bike Rodeo (Monday), and a screening of Dirt Magic (Tuesday).
Bike Rodeo and Gear Swap
Celebrate Mammoth Lakes Bike Month with Mammoth Parks and Rec at the Bike Rodeo and Gear Swap on Monday, September 16 at the RecZone. Join the California Highway Patrol and Mono County Sherriff’s Office for a FUN and FREE Bike Rodeo where kids of all ages can develop their bike safety skills, helping them become better bicyclists. Strider bikes, training wheels and bicycles of all sizes welcome. Geared (pun intended) towards children 12 and under. While you’re there check out the gear swap or even better reserve a table and clear out some storage space. Tables for the gear swap are free but advanced registration is required. To register for a table email Kat Kelly at email@example.com.
Snowcreek Swim Club – Swim year-round with Coach Jenah and develop strokes and technique. Tuesdays and Thursdays through October 24. Development Group 5:00pm-5:45pm (5+ years). Competition Advanced Group (8+ years) 5:45pm-6:45pm. Register today!
Mono County Little League will be hosting a FREE baseball clinic Sunday, September 15 at the Whitmore Ball Fields. This is a skills camp for all kids to attend ages 6 and up. More information and a full schedule of events is available on their Facebook event: Eastern Sierra Baseball Clinic 9/14-15. Register today!
CSA#1 will be holding its 3rd Annual Crowley Lake Trail Run on Sunday Oct. 6, 2019. This is a fun event for the whole family, it includes a Kids 1k, and 5 and 10k events. DISCOUNTED PRICING for early registration now through September 24, make sure you sign up early to guarantee yourself a T-shirt and the first 50 (5/10k) sign ups receive a special swag bag! Come on out for some family fun and support your local community. More information and to register visit www.crowleylaketrailrun.com
- Celebrate Mammoth Lakes Bike Month with Mammoth Lakes Bike to Work Day on Friday, September 13. Ride your bike to work and shoot off an email to be entered to win some great prizes! Get your legs pedaling!
- Get in on all the action and take your chance on the infamous Kamikaze Race with the Megakami Downhill MTB Race Friday, September 13 at Mammoth Mountain. This is a free event and open to the first 50 people who register. First one to the bottom wins!
- Last call! The final Mammoth Trails day is taking place on Sunday, September 14 with the Lakes Basin Clean up and Horseshoe Bridge Ribbon Cutting. Do your part to ensure sustainable recreation for generations to come and volunteer for a morning of trail work. Breakfast, lunch and prizes included! Meet at 8:30 am at Horseshoe Lake for breakfast, a quick safety meeting and work assignments.
- Take a free ride in an electric car at The Village at Mammoth this Saturday, September 14 from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. Owners of electric cars including Teslas, Mitsubishis and Chevys will be providing free rides in their vehicles and share their experiences owning an electric car. Learn more about the fun, clean-air benefits, and cost-savings of electric cars at the Mammoth Lakes National Drive Electric Week event in the Village this Saturday!
- Villagecross is back on Sunday, September 15 at The Village at Mammoth. This is a free and fun event where mountain bikers will complete a certain number of laps in and around the village. Register or volunteer for the fun event today!
- Get your tickets now for Dirt Magic playing at D’Place Enteratainment (Mammoth Minaret Cinemas) on Tuesday, September 17 at 7:00 p.m. This film depicts Downieville, CA’s journey from dying mining town to mountain-biking mecca. Tickets are $6.50 and part of the proceeds goes to Mammoth Lakes Recreation and their trail building funds.
- Mammoth Oktoberfest – September 19-21
- 2019 Astronomy Fall Lecture Series: The Dynamic Radio Sky – September 19
- Millpond Music Festival – September 20-22
- SEMBA Social MTB Ride – September 21
- EBIKE Weekend and Tour De Mammoth Lakes – September 21
- Fall Art Series at Valentine Reserve – September 22
- Movie Night: Pedal Driven – September 24
- Snapshots to Remarkable Photographs with Bob Kent – September 28
- Bodie Hills Stewardship Day- September 28
- 2019 Astronomy Fall Lecture Series: Dirty Fireballs and Orphan Afterglows – October 3
- Crowley Lake 5K and 10K Trail Run – October 6
- Mammoth Photo Festival – October 10-12
- Lone Pine Film Festival – October 10-13
- Rotary Club of Mammoth Lakes Diamond Masquerade Ball – October 12
- 4th Annual Eastern Sierra History Conference – October 25-27
- Friends of the Inyo Events
- Minaret Cinema’s Movie Theatre
- CSA 1 Fall Classes
- Mammoth Lakes Library Calendar
- Sierra Wellness Center Calendar
- Historic Benton Hot Springs 2019 Events
- Mono Basin Summer Seminars
Enjoy your weekend!
* * * * * * *
This complimentary message is being sent to opt-in subscribers who might be interested in its content. If you do not wish to continue receiving these messages, please accept our apologies, and unsubscribe by visiting our website at:
Please note, we will not sell or give your e-mail address to any organization without your explicit permission.
Subscribe to Recreation This Week or contact Lauren Plum at or (760) 965-3699. This is an opt-in e-newsletter and will not be sold or used for any other purpose.
Access the Recreation This Week Archive to catch up on all the news, events or programs that you missed!