Recreation This Week!
ALL RECREATION - ALL THE TIME!
Recreation This Week! is a weekly e-newsletter compiled by the Recreation Department for the community of Mammoth Lakes. In it you will find a weekly sampling of our boundless recreational opportunities in one of the world's most spectacular playgrounds.
Whether you're looking for family fun, learning new things, challenging your endurance or simply rejuvenating the soul, we hope you'll take advantage of what awaits you in Mammoth Lakes.
Recreation This Week - March 21, 2019
The 2019 Summer Recreation Expo is next week! Tuesday, March 26 head on over to the Mammoth High School gym between 5:00 and 7:00 p.m. to explore summer recreation opportunities in the Eastern Sierras. Over 40 recreation providers will be in attendance and each attendee will be entered into a drawing to win some great raffle prizes including entry into Pampered Pedal, $100 to Mammoth Mountain, private tour of Valentine Reserve, VIP Early Registration to Summer Camps and more! Prizes drawn throughout the event, must be present to win. Hope to see you all next Tuesday!
- Instructional Basketball meets for their last session tonight from 5:15 to 6:00 p.m. in the Mammoth Middle School Gym. Thank you to all participants and parents for another great season!
- Yoga continues each Sunday evening at the community center. Stretch and clear your mind each Sunday evening at 5:30 p.m. A suggested donation of $5-$10.
- Imagine a whole new life. One of skiing without lift tickets, lift lines, parking woes, crowded cafeterias, and tracked out slopes. With your new found skills you will be able to travel in the mountains on skis equipped with modern ski touring gear that allows you to climb up steep snow slopes with ease yet still ski down with excellent downhill performance. Join a SMG Backcountry Tour, occurring each Wednesday through April 17. Take advantage of epic conditions and register today!
- Finals of the Adult Indoor Soccer League take place this Sunday evening at the Mammoth High School Gym. 3rd-6th place playoffs begin at 5:30pm, with the Championship Game between Bishop FC and La Palma starting at 7:30pm . Come along and cheer on your team in their final game of the season!
- Adult Indoor Volleyball League continues to play on Wednesday evenings at the Mammoth Middle School Gym. Matches take place at 6:00 or 7:30 p.m. Come check out a match next week! Scores from 3/20/2019:
|R.I.P.PERS||def.||Block Party||26-24, 25-20|
|GTO||def.||Dawn Patrol||25-12, 25-11|
|Tora! Tora! Tora!||def.||Get Plowed||25-21, 25-15|
- Time to start planning your summer. Check out our Annual Calendar of Camps and Programs, peruse our summer camp offerings, update your Active account and start adding to your wish list because summer camps and programs go on sale Monday, April 1 at 8:00 a.m. PST!
- Flash Foxy Women’s Climbing Festival is back in Bishop this weekend, March 22 through March 24. This women’s climbing festival offers inspiration and connection to other female climbers across the nation.
- Check out Lines of Sight: A guided virtual reality presented by CMH this weekend, March 22 through March 24. See what heliskiing is all about without the travel or financial hit this weekend at Main Lodge.
- Join the Forest Island Residency's 2019 Artist Fellows - Alice Konitz, Brian O'Connell, and Nina Waismann - for a short presentation of their artwork at the Forest Island Project Studios in the Sierra Center on March 23 at 5:30 p.m. Reception to follow.
- Don’t forget our Summer Recreation Expo , Tuesday, March 26 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. inside the Mammoth High School Gym. Discover a new adventure for summer for yourself, your family or your friends and win some amazing raffle prizes! Hope to see you all there!
- Mountain Culture Month continues with a screening of Return to Paradise with Mike Vowels on Wednesday, March 27 at 7:00 p.m. This inspirational documentary follows former freestyle champion Mike Vowels’ return to skiing 28 years after a paralyzing ski accident. A mix of laughter and tears and you join him on his journey in this inspirational and uplifting film. Reserve your tickets today!
- ESIA’s Winter Adventure Series continues with a screening of “Surf the Ganges: A quest for purity amongst pollution” by Ryan Salm on Thursday, March 28 at the Mammoth Lakes Welcome Center. Ryan Salm’s film combines the cutting edge of action sports with a look into some of the most unique and possibly unknown cultural events in corners of the globe many will never get the opportunity to visit or see. Check it out next Thursday, doors open at 6:00 p.m. with the screening starting at 7:00, get your tickets today!
- Join our local Sierra Club for a snowshoe/cross-country to Minaret Vista and along the San Joaquin Ridge on Sunday, March 24. Total distance is approximately 4 miles. Skins not necessary. Interested parties should meet at the Mammoth Lakes Union Bank parking lot at 10 a.m. to create carpools and head off to the trailhead. Then another outing on Thursday, March 28 on ROLG Blue Diamond Nordic ski routes, again interested parties should meet at the Union Bank parking lot at 10:00 a.m.
- Banff Mountain Film Festival – March 29-30
- DSES Spring Expo- March 30
- MAC Art and Wine Series: Marbled Dyed Scarves – April 2
- White Mountain Research Center Public Lecture Series – April 2
- White Mountain Research Center Public Lecture Series – April 2
- Eastern Sierra Audubon Monthly Bird Walk - April 13
- Sierra Bighorn Field Trip – April 13
- Easter Egg Hunt – April 19
- Easter Sunday Parade – April 21
- Sierra Club Range of Light Winter Outings
- Crowley Lake Spring Community Classes
- Mammoth Lakes Library Calendar
- Sierra Wellness Center Calendar
- Chamber of Commerce Events
Hope to see you all at the Expo next week, enjoy your weekend!
Program & Facilities Coordinator
Town of Mammoth Lakes
P.O. Box 1609
437 Old Mammoth Road, Suite 230
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
* * * * * * *
This complimentary message is being sent to opt-in subscribers who might be interested in its content. If you do not wish to continue receiving these messages, please accept our apologies, and unsubscribe by visiting our website at:
Please note, we will not sell or give your e-mail address to any organization without your explicit permission.
Subscribe to Recreation This Week or contact Lauren Plum at or (760) 965-3699. This is an opt-in e-newsletter and will not be sold or used for any other purpose.
Access the Recreation This Week Archive to catch up on all the news, events or programs that you missed!