Recreation This Week!
ALL RECREATION - ALL THE TIME!
Recreation This Week! is a weekly e-newsletter compiled by the Recreation Department for the community of Mammoth Lakes. In it you will find a weekly sampling of our boundless recreational opportunities in one of the world's most spectacular playgrounds.
Whether you're looking for family fun, learning new things, challenging your endurance or simply rejuvenating the soul, we hope you'll take advantage of what awaits you in Mammoth Lakes.
Recreation This Week - November 7, 2019
Hot Shots Basketball is underway at the Mammoth Middle School Gym on Tuesday and Thursday nights. This November these 3rd to 5th grade basketball players will be working on basic basketball skills before breaking into teams and scrimmaging in December and January. We have a very energetic group looking forward to expanding their basketball knowledge.
Gymnastics is back and as popular as ever. If you are interested in this program but were unable to get a spot please join our waitlist so we can assess our community’s interest and demand for this program.
Registration is now open for the LA Kings Mammoth Lakes Hockey Camp on December 12 through December 15. Open to Mite, Squirt, Peewee, Midget and High School Hockey Players this camp will divide players by skill and age levels then work with LA Kings Alumni and Hockey Development staff to develop skill and confidence in your game. Register today!
Toddler Time is back at the Mammoth Lakes Community! Each session works on developing your young child's listening, social and behavior skills so they can transition better into pre-school or elementary school settings. Call or email Carole Mills to register at (209) 480-2699 or email@example.com.
Peadpod takes place at the Mammoth Lakes Community Center every Thursday through November 21 from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. This free program is designed for kids age 0-5 to socialize and develop through play! Check it out with your little one(s) this Thursday!
- Sierra Classic Murder Mystery Dinners presents The Ballot of Death showing through November 11 at various locations including Tom’s Place, Red Lantern and Dos Alas. Get your tickets today!
- Join Eastern Sierra Land Trust for Happy Hour at Bleu tonight, Thursday, November 7. Catch up on conservation news and mingle with staff while celebrating this gorgeous fall. RSVP to membership coordinator Kristen Pfeiler at Kristinfirstname.lastname@example.org or 760-873-4554.
- Celebrate the start to our winter season with Mammoth Lakes Tourism’s Rise N’ Shine Mammoth Lakes this Friday, November 8 at 7:30 a.m. Get a free Mammoth Lakes DrinkTanks mug at Black Velvet, Looney Bean, Starbucks on Main St, and Stellar Brew and your first drip coffee is free! Join in the fun and get hyped for the new winter season with visitors, friends, family and community members!
- Mountain Film on Tour is back in Mammoth Lakes this Friday, November 8 at the Mammoth Lakes Welcome Center. Get stoked for winter with these inspirational adventure films!
- Winter is back! Mammoth Mountain Opening Day is Saturday, November 9. Get your gear ready and celebrate the start of winter with Mammoth Mountain!
- Support Mono Arts Council with their Art and Wine: Line and Color Drawing with Julie Rolfe on Tuesday, November 12 at 5:30 p.m. Local artist Julie Rolfe will guide you through a step by step instruction to draw and color Devils Postpile all while enjoying a glass of wine. $35 per person includes all materials and one glass of wine.
- 2019 Astronomy Fall Lecture Series continues at Cerro Coso Community College in Bishop next Thursday, November 14. Katie Bouman from Caltech will present “Thinking the Unseen: Taking the First Picture of a Black Hole.”
- Poetry Out Loud – November 15
- The Felici Piano Trio – Chamber Music Unbound – November 16
- Bingo – November 19
- Tamarack Cross Country Ski Opening Day – November 23
- Turkey Trot – November 28
- Holiday Tree Lighting in the Village – November 29
- Mammoth Ice Rink Opening Night – November 29
- Christmas Parade – December 7
- Full Moon Snowshoe Tour – December 10-11
- Night of Lights – December 14
- Peapods Toddler Playgroup
- Friends of the Inyo Events
- Minaret Cinema’s Movie Theatre
- CSA 1 Fall Classes
- Mammoth Lakes Library Calendar
- Sierra Wellness Center Calendar
Rec This Week will be on hiatus for the remainder of November. Enjoy the extended fall weather, winter if it should arrive this month, and your Thanksgiving holiday. If you are going to be in Mammoth Lakes for Thanksgiving be sure to register for the annual Turkey Trot. It’s a great way to start your day and check out the many events happening all weekend long.
* * * * * * *
This complimentary message is being sent to opt-in subscribers who might be interested in its content. If you do not wish to continue receiving these messages, please accept our apologies, and unsubscribe by visiting our website at:
Please note, we will not sell or give your e-mail address to any organization without your explicit permission.
Subscribe to Recreation This Week or contact Lauren Plum at or (760) 965-3699. This is an opt-in e-newsletter and will not be sold or used for any other purpose.
Access the Recreation This Week Archive to catch up on all the news, events or programs that you missed!