2021 Youth Sports Funding
The Town of Mammoth Lakes annually awards funds to supplement organized, non-profit and self-sustaining youth sports programs that may be in need of additional funding to provide enhanced programming or to foster greater participation from low-income residents.
- MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2021: Application forms available online.
- TUESDAY, MARCH 16, 2021: Staff presentation and organization attendance at the Annual Youth Sporting Organizations’ Workshop scheduled at 5:30 p.m. in Suite Z/Council Chambers
- FRIDAY, MARCH 26, 2021: Applications submitted via the online form by 5:00 p.m.
- TUESDAY, APRIL 6, 2021: Staff presentation and organization attendance at the Recreation Commission meeting scheduled at 1:30pm in Suite Z /Council Chambers
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21, 2021: Funding recommendations presented to Town Council beginning at 6:00 p.m. in Suite Z / Council Chambers
To obtain additional information, or assistance, please contact Kat Kelly at (760) 965-3697.
To be considered, an application must be completed and submitted online by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 26, 2021.
Recreation Department staff and the Recreation Commission will review all applications, giving special attention to those requests that reflect the following criteria:
- A sport or youth program that is a non-profit and registered with the State of California.
- Organized sport program that serve youth between the ages of 3-18 years old
- Organized sport program that offers consistent and structured opportunity for play to large groups of children
- Organized sport program which has limited funding sources or supports low-income households
- Organized sport program where funded participants volunteer for public benefit or community projects
In addition to providing information on the Youth Sports Funding Application, representatives from each organization are highly encouraged to attend the Recreation Commission meeting on Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 1:30pm in Suite Z, where the Commission will make their recommendations and often have questions for the applicants. Town Council will determine the final funding prioritization on Wednesday, April 21, 2021.
Please click on the link below to access the online application form or contact Kat Kelly at (760) 965-3697 if you require further assistance.