The goal of Mammoth Lakes’ housing program is to provide safe, decent, and affordable housing to meet the needs of existing and future residents, with the current focus being on rapidly expanding the availability of affordable workforce housing throughout the community in the near-term (present to end of 2023) to support housing at all economic levels.
The Town completed a Community Housing Action Plan in 2017 which set a goal of providing 200 – 300 community housing units within 5 years through a combination of new development, redevelopment, housing programs, and policies. As of August 2022, there are 272 affordable units either under construction, entitled, or recently acquired through a buy-down program.
Below are housing projects and programs that are being implemented through our Housing Now! Initiative.
|Affordable Deed-Restricted Rental Units in Mammoth Lakes|
The following resources provide management of deed-restricted rental properties located in Mammoth Lakes. Occupancy of a deed-restricted rental unit is limited to eligible households and the eligibility criteria and household income limits varies for each complex. The Town encourages anyone who is interested in learning more about the eligibility criteria for each complex to reach out to the various management entities.
- Mammoth Lakes Housing (Deed-Restricted Housing FAQ)
Mammoth Lakes Housing (MLH) manages a waitlist for approximately 140 low- and moderate-income rental apartments located throughout Mammoth Lakes. For additional information about the eligibility requirements or to get on their waitlist, please visit the Mammoth Lakes Housing Rent webpage or contact Mammoth Lakes Housing at (760) 934-4740 (Contact MLH).
- Glass Mountain Studio Apartments (25 units)
Contact Inyo-Mono Advocates for Community Action (IMACA) at (760) 934-3343
- Bristlecone Apartments (30 units)
Contact Buckingham Property Management at (760) 924-9112 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitzbuhl Apartments (16 units)
Contact Blizzard Property Management at (760) 934-4455
- The Parcel Phase 1 (80 units coming soon)
Contact The Pacific Company at (855) 452-8250
|Market-Rate Rental Units in Mammoth Lakes|
The following resources can help in the search for a market-rate rental unit in Mammoth Lakes.
- Chamber of Commerce Workforce Housing Matching Program
This program aims to match local workforce employees with homeowners looking to rent their residence as a long-term rental.
- Chamber of Commerce - Property Management Directory
- Blizzard Property Management - (760) 934-4455
- Mammoth Lakes Housing Community Rental Vacancy Bulletin Board
- Newspaper Classifieds
- Mammoth Times Apartments for Rent
- The Sheet (see most recent dated online edition and scroll to back for any listed classifieds)
- Sierra Reader (scroll down and look for 'Real Estate'; generally more Bishop-centric)
- Facebook Groups
The following groups are listed here as a courtesy and the Town does not (1) manage or have any involvement with these groups; (2) review or verify the authenticity of listings in these groups; or (3) endorse any properties listed in these groups.
- Eastern Sierra Workforce Housing - Mammoth Lakes, CA & Surrounding Areas (private group; you must request access to view listings)
- Mammoth/Bishop Community Board BST
- Community Bulletin Boards
- Mammoth Lakes Post Office (3330 Main Street)
- Local coffee shops