Old Mammoth Place Amendment
An application to amend the Old Mammoth Place (OMP) project (Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa redevelopment project) was submitted in October 2015. The project is located at 164, 202, and 248 Old Mammoth Road within the Clearwater Specific Plan area. The OMP project is a condo-hotel, mixed-use project with up to 488 hotel rooms, restaurant and retail space, conference space, and underground parking. The application consists of a district zoning amendment, tentative tract map, use permit amendment, and design review.
The primary changes to the approved project, which require an amendment of the Clearwater Specific Plan include: (1) an increase in overall building height of 10-feet (heights will range from 35 to 65 feet as measured from the parking podium); and (2) elimination of the on-site affordable housing requirements and instead, allow the developer to mitigate housing by applying the Town's current Housing Ordinance, which allows payment of Housing Impact Mitigation Fees. The maximum number of hotel rooms remains at 488 hotel rooms.
- Resolution 16-48 approving the Old Mammoth Place project (Tentative Tract Map 16-001, Use Permit 16-001, and Design Review 16-004)
- Resolution 16-47 adopting the Addendum to the Clearwater Specific Plan Environmental Impact Report
- Ordinance 16-05 approving amendments to the Clearwater Specific Plan (District Zoning Amendment 15-002)
Town Council, August 3, 2016
Town Council - 2nd Reading of Ordinance
August 3, 2016 at 6pm
The second reading of the ordinance amending the Clearwater Specific Plan (District Zoning Amendment (DZA) 15-002) was approved on August 3, 2016. The ordinance will become effective on September 3, 2016.
Please see "Attachment 2: Ordinance for DZA 15-002" below under Town Council, July 20, 2016 Public Hearing, for the ordinance language.
The Resolution approving the Tentative Tract Map, Use Permit, and Design Review (Resolution No. TC-16-48) is not effective until the ordinance adopting DZA 15-002 is effective.
Town Council, July 20, 2016
Town Council - Public Hearing
July 20, 2016 at 6pm
At this public hearing, the Town Council voted 4-0 to adopt the Addendum to the Clearwater Specific Plan Environmental Impact Report (EIR), introduce the ordinance amending the Clearwater Specific Plan (CSP), and approve the Vesting Tentative Tract Map, Use Permit, and Design Review.
Town Council Agenda - July 20, 2016
Public Hearing Notice - July 20, 2016
Powerpoint Presentation - July 20, 2016
Additional Public Comments (Received after July 14, 2016)
- Attachment 1: CEQA Resolution
- Attachment 2: Ordinance for DZA 15-002
- Attachment 3: Resolution for VTTM 16-001, UPA 16-001, & DR 16-004
- Attachment 4: Project Narrative
- Attachment 5: Project Plans
- Attachment 6: VTTM 16-001
- Attachment 7: Peer review analysis of the financial study
- Attachment 8: PEDC Staff Report, June 15, 2016
- Attachment 9: Draft PEDC Minutes, June 15, 2016
- Attachment 10: Resolution No. PEDC 2016-11
- Attachment(s) 11-13
- Attachment 14: Public Comment Letters
Planning & Economic Development Commission, June 15, 2016
Planning and Economic Development Commission - Public Hearing
June 15, 2016 at 12:30pm
At this public hearing, the Planning and Economic Development Commission made a 4-0 recommendation to the Town Council to approve the Old Mammoth Place Amendment project. Since the project includes amending the Clearwater Specific Plan (CSP), approval by the Town Council is required.
Public Hearing Notice - June 15, 2016
Powerpoint Presentation - June 15, 2016
Additional Public Comments (Received after June 10, 2016)
- Attachment 1 - Resolution
- Attachment 2 - Project Narrative
- Attachment 3 (Part 1) - Project Plans
- Attachment 3 (Part 2) - Project Plans
- Attachment 3 (Part 3) - Project Plans
- Attachment 4 - VTTM
- Attachment(s) 5-13
- Additional Attachment - Peer Review of the Financial Analysis
Design Committee Meeting, May 26, 2016
The Planning and Economic Development Commission Design Committee reviewed the proposed changes to the Old Mammoth Place project on May 26, 2016.
Old Mammoth Place Amendment Materials
Volume 1 - Project NarrativeVolume 2 - Project Plans (11x17) (please be patient with download, 119MB)
Full Size Project Plans (22x34) (please be patient with download, 376MB)
Vesting Tentative Tract Map (VTTM) 16-001 (11x17)
Clearwater Specific Plan (Redline Version) (June 2016)
Addendum to Clearwater Specific Plan EIR (June 2016)
Peer Review of the Financial Analysis Market Study
- July 2015 - The Planning and Economic Development Commission (PEDC) held a Concept Review meeting to review preliminary changes to the approved project. Their comments were incorporated into the revised design for the project. Click HERE for information on the Concept Review.
- March 2010 - The PEDC approved the Old Mammoth Place project, a condo-hotel, mixed-use project with up to 488 hotel rooms and 8 units of workforce housing. Click HERE for more information about the Old Mammoth Place project.
- April 2009 - The Clearwater Specific Plan (CSP) was adopted. The CSP applies only to the project area. Click HERE for Clearwater Specific Plan information.
Please contact Nolan Bobroff, Associate Planner, at (760) 965-3631 for additional information.