The Whitmore Park Track and Sports Field Project is a joint effort by the High Sierra Striders and the Town of Mammoth Lakes to bring a high-performance track and field to the Eastern Sierra. The Project is within the Whitmore Regional Park on Benton Crossing Road near Highway 395. The track and field were constructed in 2012, and future phases (e.g., concessions building, lighting, etc.) will occur when funding becomes available.
Mono County's Planning Commission unanimously approved (5-0) the Whitmore Park Track and Sports Field Project use permit on December 8, 2011.
The Town's Planning Commission adopted the Whitmore Track Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration on October 26, 2011. See Environmental Review (CEQA), below.
CalRecycle Tire-Derived Product Grant
On May 18, 2011 the Town was approved for $112,404 from CalRecycle through the Tire-Derived Product Grant Program! Recycled tire product was utilized for the all-weather polyurethane track and synthetic sports field.
- Civil Sheets
- Landscape and Irrigation Sheets
- Track and Field Sheet
- Details (Part 1 of 2)
- Details (Part 2 of 2)
- Concessions Building
- Lighting Plan
Environmental Review (CEQA)
The Town's Planning Commission adopted the CEQA Review for the Whitmore Track Project on October 26, 2011 at 2p.m. in Suite Z/Town Council Chambers.
- Notice for Planning Commission adoption of Mitigated Negative Declaration, Response to Comments, and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program
- Response to Comments & Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program (10-14-11)
Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration
Public Review Period October 16th - November 15th, 2010
- Notice of Availability
- Part I (Cover, TOC, Intro)
- Part II (Project Description)
- Part III (Environmental Analysis, References, Mitigation Measures)